I am very happy to be back in the clinic and seeing people face to face. Please see the Appointments tab for arrangements / further info.
Carolyn Lindsay MSc, BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, MCSP
I qualified as a physiotherapist in 2001 and started my private practice in 2009. My specialist areas are pelvic physiotherapy and medical acupuncture. I currently work in the NHS, private practice and as a lecturer.
Extensive postgraduate training includes:
- MSc Rehabilitation Studies (Pelvic & Women’s Health)
- Medical Acupuncture training with AACP and BMAS (accredited member with Diploma in Medical Acupuncture)
- Mummy MOT postnatal practitioner
- Diploma in Psychosexual Medicine from the Institute of Psychosexual Medicine (& working towards membership)
- Qualified Fitness Instructor
I have been a specialist physiotherapist in Pelvic and Women’s Health since 2005. My special interests are antenatal, postnatal (including the MummyMOT), pelvic floor problems, pain and difficulties with sex and helping women return to exercise.
I trained in medical acupuncture in 2003 and have since had considerable postgraduate training, including obtaining my Diploma in Medical Acupuncture in 2020, giving me full membership of the British Medical Acupuncture Society (BMAS) as an accredited medical acupuncturist. Treatment is from a Western Medical perspective, using acupuncture to influence the nervous system and help with musculoskeletal pain, hormonal issues and persistent pain.
Further details can be found in the specific areas of the website, by clicking on the treatment names above.
To book an appointment, or for further information please contact me