Women’s Health physiotherapists have extensive training enabling them to carry out postnatal checks for women and offer advice and rehab. Additionally I am a Mummy MOT certified practitioner.
In the postnatal period women can experience back and pelvic pain and pelvic floor problems such as bladder/bowel weakness and prolapse. Weak or imbalanced muscles can also impact on our ability to carry out daily and sporting activities.
Many of us, after have a baby, have a weakness in either the tummy or pelvic floor area. This can result in poor core strength and imbalance which impact on our ability to transfer load between our upper and lower bodies.
A postnatal check or Mummy MOT assesses your tummy gap (but more importantly how your muscles activate and generate tension). We find out about your pelvic floor function and any difficulties with daily activities and start a postnatal recovery programme.
What does the postnatal check include?
- A comprehensive post-natal assessment
- Suitable from 6-8 weeks postnatal
- Assesses posture, breathing, abdominals pelvic floor strength and functional movements
- Assess any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- A chance to ask all those questions you haven’t been able to ask anyone else
- Formulate an action plan to guide you back to fitness
How can it help?
- Mums need to move. We bend, lift, twist and squat and a postnatal check helps Mums to return to their daily functional activities safely
- We all have different lifestyles, demands on us and activity levels. This individual assessment is tailored to your needs.
To enquire about available appointments, or get further information please click here, or contact me on 07722897799.